Australia's top 10 red-meat producers were announced at the weekend through the annual Intercollegiate Meat Judging event, narrowing it down from over 150 university students.
Students were given the chance to learn about the red-meat industry and showcase their work ahead of graduation.
Charles Sturt University missed out on placing as finalists however one lady, Nicole Fairley, will go on to represent the university as a coach selected for industry training.
Texas Tech University took out the Roy McDonald Shield for Champion Overall Team closely followed by the University of Adelaide team.
ICMJ President Peter McGilchrist said the spread of awards through all universities was inspiring, with awards given to almost all of the competing institutions.
"Our program has absolutely achieved our goal of inspiring and developing future leaders of the global red meat industry," he said.
"This year was a great contingent of students who posed the most thought-provoking questions we've ever had to our presenters, interacted heavily with companies at the careers expo and took full advantage of every opportunity to advance their knowledge and networks."
Winners will go on to participate in a week of training and development in Brisbane, then five students from the top 10 finalists will be selected for a tour of the American meat industry in the New Year.
The 10 student finalists:
- Kate Krause- University of Adelaide
- Hamish Fuller- University of Sydney
- Claudia Nielsen- Murdoch University
- Kate Werfel- University of Adelaide
- Kieran Smith- University of New England
- Jennifer Mitchell- University of New England
- Claire Marriott- University of New England
- Jess Paton- University of New England
- Emma Peters- University of Adelaide
- Priscilla Evans- University of Sydney
- Margot Sullivan- Marcus Oldham
The 10 coach finalists:
- Jade Marshall - University of Adelaide
- Josh Turner - Tocal Agriculture College
- Renae Piggott - Murdoch University
- Sally Morrissey - Unniversity of Queensland
- Angus Rigney - Marcus Oldham
- Hannah Commins - University of Tasmania
- Archibald Weston - University of Sydney
- Gabby Parker - Central Queensland University
- Nicole Fairley - Charles Sturt University
- Madi Gallagher - La Trobe University
- Mitchell Priestly - University of Melbourne
- Ben Wieland - University of New England.